Thursday, October 21

A little Christmas

Only a very little. I'm still not as organised with my Christmas makes as I'd like to be.
This one's a real multi-tasker. It started out as a piece of Dabber resist work for the Compendium of Curiosities challenge and it grew from there working in different challenges along the way.
The technique is really fun and I like the textural effect it gives, no patterned papers needed. I got a second, lighter image from my stamp and I'll be creating with that one too.
Once it was dry I overstamped the corner and border with Charcoal ink using the new stamps from Pink Paislee's Parisian Anthology range. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.
Challenges:
Studio L3 #18 - Dabber resist
Whiff of Joy #90 - Distressing
Colour Create #56 - Purple, aqua and white
Wild Orchid #8 - Pastel

Phew, one more card to go and I think it might be my favorite of the day.

** Kate **

10 comments:

Yelowflower said...

How sweet!

MarleneMAZ said...

Very cute card!

Netty said...

Such a pretty card and the dabber resist looks great as a background paper. Annette x

Linda Ledbetter said...

Aw, Kate, this is SO cute! The dabber resist background is lovely, and that little girl is the most adorable thing I've seen in a while! I love your choice of colors-- they're a great change from the traditional Christmas shades, and still so perfectly wintery.

It's beautiful!

Chelsea said...

Such a cute and sweet card Kate. She looks so cute in her blue and purple outfit.
Love,
Chelsea

TaraG said...

WOW!! Kate so much work went into this stunning creation! I am always so impressed with stampers, like you, who can do these artistic techniques and basically make their own gorgeous paper! So beyond my abilities...WOW!!!! it's beautiful! I just adore this card to bits,hun. Willow looks so cute and your colouring is beautifully done! Thanks so much for joining us at WOJ Challenge! Hugs,t and the WOJ DT

Mina said...

beautiful card Kate...I love how you used this weeks colours...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

Brenda said...

Beautiful card. I'm in awe!

Bev said...

Beautiful card - the colours are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at WOC this week x

Bev said...

Beautiful card - the colours are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at WOC this week x