Thursday, December 9

Not A Card

There's a few Christmas challenges about at the moment that involve not making a card so I thought I would enter this little ornament.Tilda's been stamped onto Stampboard and then I have coloured around her to look like tree branches using Distress inks. I've also coloured her in with the same inks. Then it was on to the fun scrapey bit. I scraped a few highlights on her dress and hair and then some to give a sprinkling of snow falling around her. Once I had punched a hole in it with my Crop-a-dile BigBite the whole piece was embossed with UTEE 3 times to give a smooth finish. This didn't fill all the snowflake holes so that they still stand out a little.Finally I rubbed the edges in a rough gold embossing powder and heated them up being careful to melt the gold without over heating the UTEE. Done!

Challenges:
Bunny Zoe's #6 - Christmas not a card
Wild Orchid #11 - Old Fashioned Christmas

Before I go I just wanted to mention a couple of wins I have had lately and say thank you to the organisers.

Magnolia-licious Highlites November - Shaker card
Sketches In Thyme #26 - Snowy Cottage LO
(did you see my great blinky on the side bar!)

Thank you very much to organisers and sponsors it is very much appreciated.

** Kate **

3 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

oh how sweet love this gorgeous creation. Thanks for sharing it so quickly with us this week at Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

Cindy2 said...

A lovely ornament, sure to enhance any tree you put it on. Thanks for sharing at the MSL challenge. C2

Danielle said...

How lovely! Beautiful ornament and I love this Tilda stamp! Love the way you glittered the edges! Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week!
Hugs, Danielle