Thursday, March 3

Spring has sprung

It's all been very busy here and I have quite a bit of news, projects and book reviews to blog. I think I will just blog them as soon as I get the chance, so you might see several entries over the next couple of days.

First off I have my second
By The Cute And Girly 'Springtime' project to share.
Using Tim's fab die covered in Tarnished Brass Distress Crackle paint.
The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and I've added a bit of Stardust Stickles to them and the punched butterflies. There's a vine curled around the cage cut from a Sizzix die using Prima papers. I printed the text in word and, when I looked on the internet to see who to credit it to, I found that opinions differed wildly as to who the original quote came from, not least of all depending on which side of the Atlantic you were from. I'm going to sit on the fence, and risk the splinters, to keep out of the 'who said it first' argument. What I can say is how I heard it first and that was from Spike Milligan.
On to the challenges:
Sir Stampalot - Spring is in the air
Wild Orchid #18 - Anything goes
Fab 'n' Funky #62 - Spring into action
Creative Inspirations #101 - In the garden

Now for the news the Dinky Diva did not achieve enough points in her 11+ to be offered a place at the Grammar school, instead she will be taking a place at the local girls only (one of her stipulations) secondary school. She is very pleased as the majority of her friends will be going there too.

More news from me. I have a project in the gallery of Creativity magazine issue 26, in the bottom corner of page 47 and hopefully it's won me a new compact camera!
The Branston Pickle was enjoying himself, honest, I think I was getting that scowl because I had stopped pushing him so that I could take pictures.
** Kate **

13 comments:

NGCARDS said...

A very pretty card hun! Thanks for joining in with our challenge of In The Garden at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

Sherry Edwards said...

That's my favourite Tim Holtz die - love the bird cage and what you've done with it! Especially the winding vine through the bars.

Congratulations on getting published too - and on your daughter going to a school she'll be happy in with her friends.

pinky said...

Wow Kate that is one stunning project, love the gorgeous flowers. Everything is just put together so beautifully. Love your little branston pickle lol scowl and all lol. Hope you get the camera for your prize. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

brenda said...

Hi there Kate

What a pretty artwork with a real feel of Spring about it.

Thank you so much for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month and hope to see you again.

B x

Suzanne said...

An absolutely fantastic piece of work. Thansk for joining us at Fab n Funky this week x

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

Nice and creative and unusual. I really like it.
Hugs, Sandra

Sally H said...

What a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing at Sir Stampalot and good luck!

chris said...

wow ths is fabulous, greta use of the bird cage, love it love it.
Thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot Challenge.
hugs chris xx

Francesca said...

very beautiful ,

thanks for joining us at sir stampalot this month and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Tracy said...

Fabulous Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Aunty Sue said...

oh this is lovely thanks for sharing with creative inspirations

Kim said...

Kate oh my goodness is your spring decoration absolutely stunning! What a beauty...I am in awe over the beauty! Thanks for joining us and sharing your creation at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Mona Evy said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge!!