Monday, April 11

Grungy Monday #3

I am absolutely thrilled to be a guest designer, along with Hels, for this week's Grungy Monday challenge - thank you Linda.





For those that don't know it, there is a challenge every Monday at the Studio L3 blog inspired by the man himself Tim Holtz. There's a product challenge for you to try out this week - Ranger (Adirondack) Color Wash.




Now this was a new one on me and what a discovery! The spray can be used on cloth, paper, canvas, wood - any porous surface. Yes that means hands and worktops too so make sure you have the area well covered when you spray it.



It's much more intense than other colour sprays I have, but still water soluble if you want to spritz it to dilute the colour down.





For my canvas I have used a Tim holtz mask and then sprayed over the top with Lettuce and Stream colours.




For the flower I've used Purple Twilight. The outer material is a cotton and the zip is more synthetic, taking the dye still but giving a different shade of purple, yum. (By the way, I bought my sprays at Cuddly Buddly.)




For the rest of the canvas I have used:



  • Cogs from Eco Green Crafts, sprayed with chalkboard mist, then smeared with Tarnished Brass Distress Stickles and finally inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

  • Butterflies punched from old sheet music, inked and decorated with BasicGrey pearls.

  • Tissue tape, pin and ticket all from Tim Holtz's range.

  • Button from local haberdashers and tag from a pair of Gap jeans.

  • Finally a bit of stamping using VersaFine ink and Pink Paislee stamps.

But wait, stop the press, there's more....................


This week Grungy Monday challenge #3 has a sponsor.Here's a quick quote from the founder Robyn.......... "Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium is a Club for Heavily Discounted PaperCrafting Supplies. You must be a member of our Yahoo Group to shop.. In our Group we discuss techniques to Paper Crafting and have some wonderful Challenges and Swaps.. We also discuss the products of our Crafts.. Once you are a member of the club you can view the prices and then shop at the Emporium.. There are no fees to join.. Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium is a division of I Did It Creations.."


Robyn will choose a winner from this week's entries to receive a $20 shopping voucher for the emporium. The Challenge closes April 17 at 8pm MDT and I can't wait to see what everyone makes. Please note to enter the challenge you must have used the actual challenge product Ranger/Adirondack Color Wash.


I'm entering my canvas in the following challenges:


Artistic Stamper - Layers


Sunday Stamper #149 - Blue


Wild Orchid Crafts #21 - Wings


Simon Says Stamp And Show - Distressing


** Kate **

17 comments:

Kate said...

AAAAHHHH!!! Blogger spacing is still driving me insane. I don't write my posts with 4 blank lines in between each paragraph. If anyone knows how to stop it please leave me a comment and enlighten me/save my sanity!!!!

** Kate **

Hels Sheridan said...

Stunning canvas babes... yep, I had reddddd hands... good job I have a Craft Scrubbie lol.... thanks for joining in with the AS CT and the Sunday sTamper too.... this Grungy Monday lark is such fun isn't it!! xx

Lisa Jane said...

oohh just gorgeous
Lisa x

Lythan said...

that is gorgeous Kate - I'm sure you had a lot of fun making it too

Linda Ledbetter said...

Kate, this is so gorgeous-- truly one of the loveliest canvas pieces I've ever seen. You used the Color Wash beautifully and composed a true masterpiece! Thank you so much for being a Guest Designer for Grungy Monday!!!

I wish I had an answer for you with the spacing issue. I've been having the same problem on and off for weeks now. One thing that helps is to never cut and paste into the blog directly from an email or document without first converting it into plain text, but even that doesn't completely solve the issue. I know Google has gotten a lot of complaints about it, so hopefully they'll have a fix for us soon!

Rachelle said...

Wow! Beautiful work! That deep purple you got is just yummmmmmmmy!

Lisa said...

Lovely!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow!! Amazing colors!! I love that flower too!!

Thanks so much for playing along in the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Helen said...

Gorgeous canvas, can't wait to play with today's grungy monday, as I have some washes!!

Gillian said...

Lovely canvas Kate, I too love the intensity of the colour washes, love the little butterflies.

Gerri Herbst said...

Beautiful vanvas. Just love that purple rosette and all your embellishments. Congrats on being a guest designer this week.
take care, gerri

Wendy said...

Beautiful creation. I love your colour choices and the small butterflies.

Sue West said...

Gorgeous. Those colours all work so well together.
Sue :)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic piece.

Nancy Wethington said...

Great ideas here! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge blog.

Artyjen said...

Thanks for playing at The Artistic Stamper this month with your special canvas
xoxo Sioux

uhooi said...

The cards are very attractive and cool,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com