Monday Musings

There is only one thing on my mind at the moment CHRISTMAS! It is just inconceivable that on Wednesday it will be December. It's all very exciting but I know for me there will be very little chance of getting anything done once the schools break up. That means exactly 3 weeks from today I need to have :
  • Bought/made and wrapped all my presents
  • Planned what we will eat over the holidays and bought all the non-perishable items
  • Bought/made all the fillings for the advent calendar (I can't even find it at the moment!)
  • Completed and sent all my Christmas cards
  • Found the tree ready to put up all the decorations on the 21st, if the children haven't nagged me into doing it before then

But my reward for doing all of this will be 2 weeks of celebrations, crafting and baking with the children, and watching White Christmas and Muppet Christmas Carol at least a dozen times.

The way the weather's going could there even be snow?

All together now...."I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.......".

** Kate **

Comments

Julia Dunnit said…
Oh, our lists are very similar! I'm not dreaming of a white christmas though..my ideal is warm and sunny!
Celeste said…
I'm a long time lurker I'm afraid, but I had to pop up to point out that Wednesday will be December.... but Tuesday will too. I hope you've found that advent calendar.

I'm so glad someone else doesn't put the tree up until close to Christmas. I work in a care home and they've had it up there for a week. I really Love Christmas, but not when it starts in November. My daughter is too young to nag me yet, in fact she's only 2 so this will be the first Christmas that she will start to understand it all. We'll be putting our tree up on about the 21st too, but unlike all the people I know who put it up in November we won't be taking it down on Boxing day, it'll stay up till 12th night.

We had a few snow flurries today and I've a strong feeling we'll have a white Christmas.

Popular Posts