Found this frame yesterday and just had to drop all other projects and get it done.
It's made of thick cardboard and after a little test patch I realised, with some disappointment, that Glimmer mists wouldn't work on it, they just sunk away. Plan b, I painted it with cream acrylic, inked it with various Distress inks and painted over with Rock Candy Crackle paint. I did my best to make it look as if it might have been wood.
Once it was dry, I stamped a few images over the top and rubbed gold ink and wax over to try and age it a bit more.
Then on to the picture. I used the same inks to colour the paper, plus a few darker ones. Inked inside a mask for the sun and then got stamping. The flowers are from Artemio and the bee and bug are ancient stamps from Inca that I have had at least 10 years.
I couldn't resist a bit of shimmer on the bee's wings.
As there was a recess on the frame I couldn't stop myself from putting something in it. I found a shimmering apple in my decorating supplies from Hobbycraft and hot glued it in place along with the mushrooms.
At this point I had to stop myself from covering the frame with leaves and creatures as I really did want the picture to be the focal point. I've just got to get more of these frames to do!!!
Sunday Stamper #127 - Autumn Almanac
Simon Says Stamp And Show - Shabby
Oldie But A Goodie #5 - Distressing
Almost forgot my WOYWW picture.
The mess is spreading as I have a jewellery stall next week and I'm looking out some cards to take along too.
There's many, many, more desks to nose at over at Julia's Stamping Ground.
** Kate **