Grungy Monday #8

There's a new Grungy Monday challenge over at Studio L3 this week.  The challenges focus on the fabulous tutorials and techniques of Tim Holtz.  Check out Studio L3 for all the details and a link to this week's technique.

This week involves using Adirondak ink pads of which I own one in bottle green.  This limited my options somewhat so I decided to go for a background stamp.
I'm really glad I gave it a try as I love the results and will definitely use it with this same background again.  I've even added the extra bit of splattering as suggested by Sir Tim in his tutorial, before stamping over with swirl and lamp from an Inkadinkado set. 
I've used Tim's dressmakers dummy die, sprayed with Glimmer Mist, stamped with a French Market stamp and painted with Distress Crackle Paint (yet more  Tim products).
As well as Grungy Monday I'm entering 2 other challenges.  Sunday Stamper #155 - Diamonds and Pearls and My Time To Craft #142 - Use a die cut.

** Kate **     

Comments

Lisa Jane said…
oh wow Kate i love the background and works perfectly with the dress form
Fab
Lisa x
Hels Sheridan said…
totally fab, that is one of the backgrounds I haven't got... should remedy that really lol... loving the whole look, thanks for joining in with the Sunday stamper x
Linda Ledbetter said…
Kate, your stamp choice is great-- it worked beautifully for the GM08 technique, and the background is perfect for the darling dress form. I love how you embellished this-- the fibers and tiny butterflies are lovely!
Sue West said…
This is really fabulous, the watercolour technique works so well in your background, and I love the dress form.
Sue :)
Silvia(Barnie) said…
Fantastic artwork.
patriziawithaz said…
This is a gorgeous card design Kate. I love the background and the Die Cut too. Thanks for showing us your work at MTTCC this week and I hope we see you again soon x
Jane said…
Bottle and Stream are two of my faves. Fun that you have one of them. Your background turned out so pretty. Sets off the rest of the card beautifully.
Your background is fantastic! One of my fav stamps & it works perfectly w/the dress form & fibery belt. Lovely!

Debbie C
Anonymous said…
I like how limited choices, sparks creativity. Your card is briliant and unique, such a cool design.
Hettie said…
I love the way you have used the technique to make a background. I am a little biased about the die cut though!! Love everything about this piece!! Hugs x

Popular Posts