By The Cute And Girly - June

Phew, it's been a busy day so far and I am really enjoying it.  I missed not playing along with the team at By The Cute And Girly last month and I certainly wasn't going to let anything stop me from joining in this month's theme set by Geraldine 'In the garden'.

Here's the 1st of my projects.
This gorgeous Tilda with lilacs was a previous challenge blog prize and I have resisted using her so that she could be on my June Card project.  She has been coloured with Copics and had a little Stardust Stickles added.
Poppy's Cabin is one of our 4 prize sponsors this month and kindly sent the DT some fabulous products to play with.  I have taken one of the white doilies and sprayed it with Adirondack Colour Wash in Purple Twilight, not forgetting to put some plain card underneath so that I have a sprayed doily image to play with on another project! 

The tidying of my craft supplies has progressed at a slow rate but one of the things I am enjoying is rediscovering old papers I haven't used for a while, BasicGrey Periphery in this case.
I've embellished the card with a Prima blooms and a hat pin from Wild Orchid Crafts, pearls from MeiFlower and a little greetings stamp from the Papermania Tulip collection.

This month's sponsors  at By The Cute And Girly are:
Simon Says Stamp
Joanna Sheen
Spesch Designer Stamps
Poppy's Cabin

Please pop over to the challenge blog and join in with our 'In the garden' theme to be included in the draw for one of these fab prizes and add GDT to your entry if you would like to join in with me for our August theme.

I'd like to enter my card at the following challenges:
Fab 'n' Funky - what 'eva! (they are looking for designers and guest designers this week) 
A Spoon Full Of Sugar #154 - Flower power
BasicGrey #45 Shabby Chic
Magnolia-licious #7 - Photo inspiration

** Kate ** 

Comments

Louise said…
Thanks for stopping by the Sarah's cards blog and leaving a comment. I hope I have inspired you to get the paints and inks out!
Love your cards... I'm always in awe of fab card makers as I really struggle with them. Have to say I'm not sure about the faces on the stamps... I think they're bordering on freaky. Think I'd have to draw noses and mouths on them... lol!
x
nnalorac said…
Gorgeous card Kate, love the papers and those flowers, especially the blue one, yummy. Will we ever use up all our old papers! So many lying in the cupboard waiting to be used, some day! Carolxx
Hannapanna said…
Love this gorgeous card. Beautiful papers and image. Hugs, Hanna
Lisa Jane said…
wow this is beautiful.. gorgeous colours and that dark doily looks fabulous
Lisa x
Norma said…
Kate, what a precious card. Cute Tilda image. Wonderfully coloured in that mint green dress to match your gorgeous flower. Love the doilie and kudos to you for saving the sprayed background pattern of it—nothing goes to waste with you.
Thanks for coming over to play with us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.
Hugs,
Norma
Rachael Elliott said…
Gorgeous card, love the colour and the green flower is lovely.
debby4000 said…
Oh this is gorgeous Kate, beautiful Tilda and papers.
luv
Debby
Lou Sims said…
Beautiful card Kate and love all the layers plus tectural elements you have added too. Many thanks for joining in with Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week and good luck on the GDT call.

Lou
x
Heather said…
Beautiful card Kate, I love your wonderful colour scheme, Tilda is gorgeous and your embellishments all so scrumptious!!

So glad you joined us at Basic Grey this week,
hugs
Heather xx
Pat said…
Hi Kate...what a sweet card! I love the colors you chose...they really compliment each other!! Also love your DPs and embellies! Thanks so much for joining us at Magnolia licious Challenge Blog! Hugs, Pat Frank
How sweet and beautiful!! Pretty take on using the inspiration photo. Thank you for joining the Magnolia-licious. Hope to see you again for the next ones :-)
Hugs,
Cabio

Popular Posts