Free

Karen Grunberg chose the word 'Free' and talked about how we are free to choose our past.  We don't have to let events in the past, sometimes as far back as childhood, effect our choices for the future.  So, for example, if you have been told at school that you are no good at art that is not necessarily true and you shouldn't let it stop you from being creative if that's what you want to do.  The Big Idea Festival has certainly been food for thought.  As  I have been using photos from my holiday for my word album I chose to focus on the feeling of being free and relaxed that I can only achieve when I'm on holiday by the sea.
I've sprayed Glimmer Mist over a Prima mask here and painted and splattered with it a little too.  Why did I never think of painting with it before???  Thanks Shimelle for opening my eyes about that one.  The brick stamp at the front is all from Prima and if again sprayed with Glimmer Mist.
The die cuts are from Pink Paislee and the letter stickers are BasicGrey.  I nearly went without a photo altogether on this one.  In the end I printed onto plain card so that I could use the same inking on the photo.

** Kate **  

Comments

Popular Posts