Take a look at Sir Tim's magnificent pumpkin!! Created for Ranger Ink's great pumpkin challenge. Lynda at Studio L3 has challenged us to take inspiration from this creation for this week's Grungy Monday challenge. Now Lynda did say use the technique not make a pumpkin, but I was never one to do as I am told, so guess what?
I made a pumpkin! I don't have most of the materials Tim used, so I improvised. First off using one of his Alterations embossing folders to emboss 4x8 inch panels of brown DCWV card. (You have to turn it around and put the unembossed end back through to cover the whole 8 inch length.) Then I inked the panels with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink (my favourite brown of the moment) and a little gold Versa Color.
Next I cut the panels into 8x1 inch strips, so that I had 12 in all. I put them in a big stack and joined them at the end with a brad. After fanning the strips out evenly into a circle, I then joined up the other ends also with a brad. Once I was happy with the shape I added a bit of glue under the strips to hold everything in place.
Then for the decoration.
Finding I didn't have a leaf punch or die the right size, I punched out some circles and trimmed them for leaves. Lots of strips of paper twirled around a cocktail stick and then I raided the beading supplies for the rest. As it's a very hollow pumpkin I decided to add a little dormouse to live inside, punched using the same circle.