A challenge just for fun

Scrapbook Magazine has a regular budget feature where the challenge is to make 3 pages with £10 of supplies with only the addition of scissors, cutter and adhesive.  I thought I would challenge myself and here are the results, one page for each of the children.


To be extra thrifty with my supplies I bought them all in the Craft Obsessions sale.
They are:
Bo Bunny Welcome Home double sided papers in Dot, Stripe and Porch Swing.
Bazzill Basics in Kraft, Sea Salt and Fawn.
Bo Bunny Et Cetera combo stickers
3" Bazzill Gerberas in Creamsicle.
Distress Stain in Stormy Sky.
Fibres free with purchase.
It was fun and 3 pages with limited supplies are quick, no hesitating over whether your should use this cardstock or that as you just have no choice.
The stain was really good for splatting and, once scribbled on a craft mat, can be picked up with a paint brush for painting or splattering.
I had hoped to paint the flowers with it or use them as a mask, but it soaked into them far too much and just didn't work for me.  I didn't try splattering it over them though, I will have to try that another time.
I completed the tab layout last and had enough paper left to make extra tabs with more photos on to slip behind the main photo.
I cheated a little and used a black pen for a bit of journalling (is that cheating?  Everyone has a black pen in their standard kit, don't they?)  It was only after I finished that I realised I don't have a title on there and then I couldn't figure out what to have or where to put it.  I have some of the bigger letters left, but no 'E's', any suggestions?

I think I might challenge myself to do this again sometime soon and see if I can manage to get a bit of sparkle into the supplies somewhere.  

** Kate **

Comments

Alison said…
Great LOs..and it's defs not cheating,using your own pen!!
Alison xx
Lisa-Jane said…
Seeing what some people have used as "standard" in that magazine, I think a black pen is a given! I might have to give this a try! Love the colours in Small'n'Grubby's layout.

Popular Posts