Washi Tape and Twine

Go back a year and I don't think I really would have thought about it too much, but today Washi Tape and Twine feature very heavily in my craft life.  To the extent that I have a box for each of them to show and tell today for my WOYWW.
The Washi Tape has reached the limit that the box will allow and as I have already ordered some more in brighter colours there will have to be a bit of a move around there.
The Twine box is a bit like the ribbon box, a knotty mess.  The spools are fine, but when you buy it by length, as soon as you start using it, it becomes a big spaghetti mess.  Also in the box are interesting clothes labels that I have found for recycling or to copy the design and my WRMK sewing tool thingy.

Another new item in my craft room is one of these Amy Tangerine Day Books.
It's the sort of tactile stationery item that I can't resist, but I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with it.  Any one else made something exciting out of something similar?
Don't forget to share all over at Julia's place today, well not literally all, please remain with in the realms of decency.  Also check out Elizabeth's for the start of an in depth book altering tutorial for anyone to join in with.

** Kate **

Comments

Lisa-Jane said…
I've just stuck something in my Smash book for the first time. I have a hard time trying to find something worthwhile to do with it which is daft! I'm having a bit of washi tape envy now!
Karen said…
Lots of lovely colours to play with in your tape and twine box, and I love your book :)

Have a great WOYWW and a fab week, Karen #90
May said…
ahhh I need some washi tape, now look what you've done I was not going to spend till March, just off to do a search for some x x Hugs May x x x have a fun week
CraftygasheadZo said…
I love twine but never came across washi tape. Thanks for sharing & enjoy this WOYWW, I'm off to be nosey, & peek at some more desks! Zo x 83, well I was when last looked, it keeps changing!
scrappymo! said…
I am drooling over all your washi tape...you lucky girl.

I keep my twine in little square stacked jars...it helps with the tangling. I know some people who divide them with a piece of plasticanvas cut to insert across corner to corner...that way you can get 2 colours in and not have them tangled.
Alison said…
I am slowly gathering Washi Tape ..not enough to call a collection yet!
Alison xx
Lisa said…
Im hoping to make some of my own washi tape. I have not bought any but have too. I m looking for a nice chevron one.
505whimsygirl said…
Hi Kate,

Here's a trick to help de-tangle your twine. If you happen to drink coffee out and you use one of those cup thingies that go around the cup - keep it. Use it to wrap your twine around. Also works well for yarn and ribbon!

I've never worked with washi tape but have seen plenty of cool projects.

Have fun!!

Happy WOYWW
Kay
#129
wind it round round a peg hun, stops it knotting, happy wow, gotta be quick,

lou P #7
Julia Dunnit said…
Ooh Kate, the tapes are a lovely addition...never fear the full box...you'll find a bigger one!
Please don't worry aboutthe blog title...it's more about the blogs where you have to page through a few posts or wad through a very big article...specially for late visitors like me!!
Lou said…
What is Washi Tape? I didn’t make it, to everyone’s crafty space on Wednesday so doing my snooping today,
Hope you have a great week x Lou x @#103
Sarah said…
You collect washi - I buttons...if you have a craving for something - just learn to love it! Love the journal - see why you like it! Thanks for letting us look in and peek at your desk... Sarah at 7
Katie said…
I love washi tape and twine, but don't have any of either. I found a great tutorial for making your own twine, so you can chose the colors, but I haven't tried it yet!

Happy WOYWW (on Friday!)
Katie #18
Jackie said…
Thanks for letting me look round your blog :)

Popular Posts