Mother's Day with Handy Hippo

The lovely people at Handy Hippo have asked if I would like to make some projects with their products to share on my blog, so here is my first one!!
The aim was to make an elegant Mother's Day card with my own mum in mind. She's not a big fan of the 'pile it on' method of crafting, but I still wanted a card that had some work to it to give it that personal touch.

The card base is 5x5 and cut from American Crafts Brown Sugar card with a mat of Ladybug coloured card on top.  I've used the same Stampendous Fresh Bloom stamp all over the card with my favourite Silver Pearl embossing powder.
For the focal point the flower has been coloured with a Rose Carmine Aquamarker by scribbling on a palette and watering the colour down to give the different shades; and then a little bit of Diamond Stickles added for sparkle.  I wanted my ribbon to match so I took plain white and coloured it with a Poppy coloured Promarker.

All of the craft supplies are available to buy at Handy Hippo (if you click on one of the links it will take you to a shopping basket with all the supplies automatically added.  The basket can be edited to remove or add any products as desired.)  Happy crafting and if this project inspires you to make something please pop back and leave me a comment to let me know how you got on.

** Kate **

Comments

Popular Posts