Try a new style

Happy Monday morning all, it's crisp and bright here, hope the forecast for rain is wrong.  It can rain overnight though, I'll let it, we need the water.  I've been busy scrapping for Shimelle's online crop from the weekend.  Challenge #3 was to try a new style or incorporate part within your own.

I spent quite some time trying to find an example of the layout that I could see in my head and wanted to try.  I failed!  Karenika kind of comes close, white backgrounds with little or no patterned paper.  Cal already tried something similar, but I thought I would try and make the page that was in my head.

As an aside Shimelle also threw out the question "How do you make your pages?" so I've put together a little slide for this one.  Sorry, the images are in the wrong order.  They are right on Photobucket, but I can't make them work on here!!!
I always have something in mind as a starting point (in this case the pattern of the photos), but it could be a sketch, scraplift or particular supply. I rarely seem to take a photo and start from there, but I hope that will change when I get my 100+ more recent pictures back from the printers.

I've gone for a kraft background rather than white, with kraft embellishments.  It's no coincidence that this is the current challenge at Kraft It Up.
I've used Tim Holtz Chit Chat for the miniature title, Jenni Bowlin butterfly stickers and punched items from Papermania kraft cardstock.
I think there will be a second page to this as there is much more of the story to tell and I didn't feel this style of page lent itself to masses of writing.  I picked just one accent colour and as the Jenni Bowlin butterflies had a little red on them I toned that down and went for orange; using Versacolor and Smooch to splatter the page and punched butterflies.

** Kate **

Comments

Unknown said…
Gorgeous page Kate. Love how you put it together
Di Garling said…
Love how you have used all of these photos Kate, it really looks amazing. Fabulous design. Thanks for playing along at KIU. Cheers Di xo
Unknown said…
love how the photos tell the story...thanks for playing along at KIU

Popular Posts