Scrapagogo March

I had 2 hours to spare yesterday.  One early evening and one late evening, so I decided to set to and scrap with my March kit from Scrapagogo.  I said earlier in the week that this kit had lain there idle since it arrived.  It wasn't that I didn't like the contents, in fact I liked them better than the 1st kit I took in February, but it had a bit of a travel theme and, as I don't do a lot of travelling, I got into a completely unnecessary mental block with it.  Once I got it out and got going I completed 3 full pages and a 6x12, plus I have 2 other pages almost done too!

Here's the 1st, recording the Dinky Diva's crocs in an arty photo shoot.
Everything is from the kit and I have used Sheena Rowlands' idea from the inspiration book for the layout and hexagon details.

Next came a piece of patterned paper with an old world map on it that just screamed travel to me. Then I found this picture of the children making pirate ships and attacking each other with water bombs and I saw the paper in a completely different light.
I added a piece of blue card to the kit to mat the photo on, as it needed separating from the patterned paper, and the smaller letters are left over from the Feruary kit.  This time I've used Nicola Kerridge's banner idea from the inspiration book.

For the last page I did have some sort of travel related photos from a walking project my sister and I started.  Can it really be 2 years ago? And we've still only completed the 1st leg!
I love this little quote from Tolkien, in our case it was completely untrue we got lost, several times over.
I had 3 more photos printed from the day that I was going to use for a 2nd page but they didn't feel visual enough to hold an entire page and one was a detail from the previous photos so I cut the 2 portrait ones down to 4x4 and made journalling spots for them in a 6x12 page protector.  All this and everything on the 12x12 page are from the kit.  Here's how it will look in the album.  I just have to complete the writing, but I need to check some facts first so that I can give some background information about our plans.
Hopefully back tomorrow with the other 2 pages complete.

** Kate **

Comments

Popular Posts