Camp Scrap

I've hardly had time to play along with any of the great ideas over at May Flaum's blog for Camp Scrap, but I have a notebook full of things to try and there's still a week to go before camp ends!!

Last night I awarded myself some play time and got to grips with Stamping with Water.  I also got out the spring and summer Distress ink collections to give them a whirl.
The water stamping has a quite subtle effect, this one was with one of Tim Holtz big damask stamps, which I then decided to turn into a little scene.  The water effect is a bit clearer in close-up.
In the set of stamps there is also a wood grain effect and I thought I would try that one as well.  First off I hadn't cleaned it properly last time out, so happy accident #1, I got a bit of brown ink added to my water.
I've added some PaperArtsy text in the same colour Distress ink as the background and then stamped some Pink Paislee images on top of that.  I think this one might make a nice notebook cover.  I spritzed a little more water on this time which resulted in a good effect and a 2nd happy accident.................
It's a good idea to have a supply of white paper ready when you do this technique so that you can stamp out the wet stamp after it has been pressed onto the Distress Ink.  The result was happy accident #2 and my favourite card of the day.
I've decorated the card with Lawn Fawn Stamps and a little off cut of Bright Side paper.  For the mail box I've inked white card with Barn Door Distress Ink before stamping and cutting the image out.
I'm a little bit in love with Lawn Fawn at the minute and, seeing all the new products at CHA, I don't think  that's going to end any time soon.

Challenges (for the Lawn Fawn card):
Lawnscaping #38 - Photo inspiration
The Stamp Man - Anything goes

** Kate **

Comments

Lisa Jane said…
oh these are all gorgeous .. i particularly like the colours and pen nibs in the top card
Lisa x
May said…
love your take on this technique -and you're right! White paper should be handy because that stamp will indeed be inky. :)
Fabulous card! Love your design and beautiful woodgrain bg!
Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!
Hugs, Karin
Laurel Beard said…
What gorgeous cards you have created!!!! I especially love your last card! The mailbox with the floating envelopes! The background is fantastic!

I am so glad you played along with us at Lawnscaping!
Lynnette said…
These are all fabulous, but I am partial to the Lawn Fawn one, it's so fun and whimsical:)

Popular Posts