WOYWW and a video

It's Wednesday and that means it's time for WOYWW, where workdesks across the world are displayed for your delectation.  On my workdesk yesterday was the new Scrapagogo kit for July and on a whim I decided to video it instead of taking a photograph.  I've been thinking about trying my hand at craft videos and thought I would try one out to see how it looked and sounded.  Well, it looks a bit shaky and I tend to repeat myself a bit, but the set up seems ok.  It is a first attempt, so please be gentle with me!!!
Realised when I looked back over it that I didn't say the Websters Pages were from the Sunday Picnic collection, just had a total mental block at that point, ha, ha.  If you're wondering why my nails match the paper, SMO's aunt has sent me a lovely scarf the same colour and I'd just painted them to match that, so I haven't totally taken leave of my senses!
Now that my 1st video is done, the ice is broken, and I'll have a try at a technique one next.  Let's face it, it can't get any worse?!?!  


Also on my desk is a little treat I've been resisting for a while, but finally succumbed to.
Long plates for my BigKick and a rosette die to test out.  I couldn't resist them in the end and buying the slim version rather than the Bigz XL made it less of an outlay.  Now I'm all primed and ready for when Tim's new snowflake rosette becomes available.  Catch it on this Scrap Time video if you haven't seen one before.

** Kate **

Comments

Julia Dunnit said…
OOh you're clever! Enjoyed it, but kept wanting to pull the stash down the screen a bit. Love the nails. Oh and how come your voice sounds so good, I hate my recorded voice!!
May said…
Enjoyed the video.. you were great.. Fabulous nails.. I have joined as a follower as to visit again soon.. Hugs May x x x#11
Lunch Lady Jan said…
Fab nails - you femme fatale, you!! I just can't wear nail varnish, it doesn't suit my hands at all....
I think you did really well with the video and Julia's right, you DO sound good. My recorded voice is dreadful, LOL!
Hugs, LLJ ~27 xx
kay said…
what a fab video,and your nails look superb :)
happy woyww
kay #35
Hello! My first WOYWW today, and since I'm in at 128 (bit late, I know), I thought I'd visit all the 8s first of all and then see how much further I get! Congratulations on your first video - very accomplished... and your nails are magnificent!
Alison x
Darnell said…
Good for you, Kate, to tackle a video! You did a fine job!! Thanks for coming by to visit me earlier! Have a great week! Darnell #116
Unknown said…
Great job Kate. Fab way to share your stash! I would have liked a slightly wider shot but apart from that a very easy watch! Happy WOYWW to you from Helen 39
Inkypinkycraft said…
love the colour of your nails!some great new goodies too! trace x
Trish Latimer said…
I can't wait for the snowflake rosette either!!!! Trish #55
Twiglet said…
Wow - clever you - the video was fine. Nice to hear your voice! Thanks for visiting my blog and guessing the number in my scarf rainbow. Jo #50
Twiglet said…
Lol - that should say - Thanks for visiting my blog and having a go at guessing the number in my scarf rainbow. Jo #50
SueH said…
Well done with the video Kate!
The kit is really great but I wouldn’t have a clue where to start with it because by the time I would have decided on what side of the paper to use I’d have forgotten what I was about to make with it, Lol.

Loving your beautiful scarf…..and matching nails!

Thanks for visiting me today and ………..
Happy Crafting!
Sue
x
#53
Shoshi said…
I think that was an excellent video! No complaints at all. Love the nails! I used to do mine in all sorts of colours but never bother now because it always gets bashed off and looks a mess.

Thanks for your visit to my blog, and I'm glad you enjoyed my annotated photo!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #51
Joynana said…
Great video, Your voice does sound good. What kind of camera are you using? #81
An'Jenic G. said…
LOVE THE VIDEO AND YOUR NAILS ARE AWESOME! THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR KIT WITH US. AJ
Happy WOYWW # 59!
PaperArtsy said…
Love the nail colour. It's perfect! And ashamed to admit I bought that die too, and have still never used it!! Might have to give it a go soon!
Leandra
Sunshine Girl said…
Not got time to watch video at the moment but may pop back as its something I keep meaning to try too! I have that rosette die - its very useful! Thanks for visiting me. Sunshine Girl #1
Lisa-Jane said…
I thought it was great, especially for the first one! And for the record, what's wrong with matching your nails to your papers?! (PS. My new photo was actually taken last October but I had to upload a new pic to make an avatar so that was the most recent I could find. Thank you for the lovely comments!)
Lisa-Jane said…
Just seen the snowflake die - NEED IT! What is the Bigz version of the rosette die? I can only find the old one which was a single width and the newer one like yours which is 2 sizes but they are both Sizzlits strips?
Tilly Tea Dance said…
Fab nails - Very impressed with your video skills. x M
akilli melek said…
those nails are just fab. so is the video.
not playing woyww today, just doing some snooping cos i didnt manage much last week.
caroline
Tracy said…
Watched your video Kate..whoop,whoop,well done you!!
Scarf is lovely and nails..FAB.. looove your rosette die,let me know how you got on as i am thinking about getting one too.
hUGS
Tracy
XOXOX
Lora said…
Fab video, but I do have one complaint.....you have now made me want those kits even more and I don't even scrap!! LOL
I love your voice! I never do videos because my voice just sounds weird and well....Scottish lol. I actually cringe when I hear really broad Scottish accents on telly lol.
Hugs Lora xx

Popular Posts