I've just come back from a weekend helping at Guide camp and although I could list everything I did it would be far more than 10 so instead here are 10 Things I DIDN'T do at camp but expected/hoped to! I can't really share many pictures because of the girls being in them but there is one of me (looking a state, but please be kind remember I was camping!), plus a scenic shot.
- Eat an ice cream. I just didn't get a chance to get to the camp shop and get one and when I looked on Sunday as they were closing there were only ginger ones left, YUCK! Who ever thought that ginger ice cream would be a good idea.
- I didn't get to bed before midnight. Ridiculous of me to have expected otherwise really!
- But I didn't get woken up in the night by anyone needing me either, yeah!
- Read my book. Never expected to finish it, but not to even pick it up once.
- Eat all my sweets. Yes, I came back with unopened bags of sweets.
- Get wet. The most beautiful weekend to be camping, perhaps even the best of the year.
- Visit any of the information areas or go for a walk to look around, I was kept far too busy.
- Eat a cold meal from a mess tin whilst rushing to or from another job. I was very pleased to sit and eat hot meals in good company and undisturbed.
- And on that note, I didn't need to cook any of my emergency food rations. I was well fed and my gluten free diet was catered for at every meal.
- Lastly, I didn't get time to leave the campsite and have a look at the lovely New Forest town near which it's based. Oh well, there's always next time?!?!?
** Kate **