Frosted Film

I've been having a play with the Tim Holtz Frosted Film.  I read an article the other day about etching glass with chemicals and transfers and that's what made me think of using the Frosted Film.

I've decorated a jar using the Movers and Shapers Mini Bird and Cage dies.

There's lots of fluffy fibres around the top with a Whiff Of Joy charm attached.

Here's a close-up of the die cut, it's not just frosted, there's a sparkle to it too.
 And a shot taken in the dark with the light reflected at the back through the die cuts.  I've used a little battery tea light.  I love these as I can leave them safely without worrying about the Branston Pickle causing havoc and burning the house down.  They aren't toys but are suitable for older children so this would make a great teenagers gift, perhaps to accompany the usual request for money or vouchers!

Challenges :
Moving Along With The Times - 3 elements with the same letter - Charm, candle and cage.

** Kate **

Comments

Lisa Jane said…
ooh this is fabulous you know how i love lanterns.. looks gorgeous
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa x
Hettie said…
This is great Kate. Easier than etching the glass. If you pop back on my blog a few posts you can see some wine glasses I have done with etching spray.
Thanks for visiting.
xx
Just stunning, what a fab creation!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx
Judith said…
This is lovely - it's a really pretty effect - thanks for playing at MAWTT this week hugs Judith x
Kim. said…
Oh what a lovely idea, the effect is beautiful, great use of the elements used beginning with 'c'. Thanks for joining us this week at Moving Along With The Times.
Kim xXx

Popular Posts