Firsts

Well, I'm all CHA excited.  The first CHA live show from Create and Craft airs in an hour and I'm at my computer already, so while I wait, I blog (dinner is already in the oven, go me!!)

My last Journal Your Christmas 2012 item is based on one of Shimelle's layouts to use up left over supplies from this year's journal.  However, as I didn't make that kind of journal this year, (I had more of a notebook, there's a post about it here) instead I've applied the idea to a random set of supplies I swooped on in the sale at Sarah's Cards.

The background card is a piece of MME Kraft Everyday Fun, which I've layered with an off-cut of cream Bazzill and then added 2 pieces of 6x6 paper from Cosmo Cricket's 2wenty-thr3e (which was just £2.99!)

The strip of paper going across these is an odd bit of Studio Calico Dot One, I just looked in my scrap box for anything dark which still had a 12" length left.

My other bargain sale item was a sheet of October Afternoon Farmhouse word stickers, so I knew I wanted to use those.  I've also used Miss Caroline labels, a Crate Paper tag, Sunset Thickers and Studio Calico butterfly stickers.

It was a joy to be scrapbooking again and I really liked this idea to use 6x6 patterned papers on a 12x12 layout.  I have plenty of 6x6 papers to spare, so I will definitely trying out this and similar sketches again.

Only 45 minutes to go now.  Notebook for ideas at the ready.

** Kate **

Comments

Laura said…
20 minutes in... have you bought anything yet? :D
Hettie said…
Catching some Create n craft too! Sooo tempted by the Bazzill paper set! Saving for BSSBS though!
x

Popular Posts