Totally Teal

If you're up for a challenge then over at Craft Your Passion they are going 'Totally Teal' for #146 and there are prizes to be won including images from the fabulous Saturated Canary.   

I've used the beautiful Double Take for my card and as I was severely lacking in teal Copics (mental note to sort that one out tout de suite) I used lots of shades of cool grey.

The papers on the card are from an Echo Park Victoria Gardens 6x6 pad.

To pad out my limited supply of teal embellishments I fell back on a favourite technique of paper curls.  Thin slivers of paper off-cuts wound round a pokey tool to make a coil and, of course, as they are from the paper pad I used they are bound to match!

The sentiment is from an old pack of QVC die-cuts.

I'm entering my card for Saturated Canary's movie inspiration challenge #35.  I think she's definitely a tribute to the old black and white silent movie era.

** Kate **

Comments

Brigitte said…
Just beautiful Kate!!!! Love how you managed and used black and white. She looks stunning! Hugs, Brigitte
~ginny said…
I love the "print" DP you used - & inspired use of the coiled paper slivers! I have never seen that used before, or if I did - it never occurred to me how they are made. Thank you for sharing that great idea! You created a great look in this one Kate! Good on you!
~ginny
Bonnie Irvine said…
What a beautiful interpretation of the teal challenge. The image looks fabulous and contrasts beautifully with the shades of teal. Love the paper curls...great detail.
CaroleAnn said…
I love the design and the color teal is beautiful and love the trick with your curly paper - very clever - I joined your blog! Love it! Hugs
Berry said…
Love the mono colouring here thanks for entering at SC hugs rebekah xx

Popular Posts