Something Messy!

Two posts from me today, scroll down to see me Kathy's Waffle Sketch File scrapbook page.

The call out from Simon Says Stamp and Show this week was to get messy and that's just what I did while I was decorating the little parcel of chocs I'd bought for SMO's Valentine's Day present.


I've photographed the steps along the way: 


I started with a heart cut free hand from thick cardboard and covered it with Distress paint.  It's then had scrunched tissue paper stuck all over with PVA glue.






I've stamped onto the heart with Distress Ink and bubble wrap, as well as inking around the edge. 
It's then had a coating of Rock Candy Crackle and, once dry it's been rubbed over with more Distress Ink.



Here's the crackle close-up.
Some ribbon and a little love note finished it all off.






The background card was made from my experiments with the new Distress Paints.  I put some on my craft mat and swiped card through it.  Once dry I did the same again adding some white into the mix. It was then stamped with a BasicGrey background stamp and spritzed with water.
The parcel's wrapped with a bit of old MLS paper I found that went really well with the distressed look.

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Ans Show - Something Messy
Sunday Stamper #244 Endless love

** Kate **

Comments

Emily D. said…
This is beautiful!! I love all of the distressing/aging!
Hels Sheridan said…
fabby, love the tissue on the heart, cool technique... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x
Winnie said…
Lovely packaging! I love the heart and appreciate you sharing your how to! Love the texture on the heart. I am LOVING the new distress paints!
Sandra said…
Gorgeous! Love the heart with tissue paper! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

Popular Posts