Return to the Collection - part #2 & #3

Winter sickness bugs have reached us and we've had a week of some not feeling great and others being very ill indeed.  There's some sunshine today, I still have a little one at home, but he is looking much brighter too allowing a few stolen moments to get back to my scrapbooking project.

I blogged the part #1 details here for Return to the Collection, along with a page that I was not so happy with, and explained how I had made the rest of the pages once I had seen all 6 parts to the course.  One thing that was apparent straight away was that the photos I'd chosen were the wrong number for some of the page designs, so I went off topic and chose some extra photos that were in the pile waiting for my attention.
The brights have been kept to the accents, much more pleasing to my eye.  The resulting page might have ended up a little under embellished, but I would rather have that than take it the other way.  I've just finished sorting out my die-cuts and chipboards into just one box, following the purchase of a new set of shelves, and now they are more accessible a few may find their way onto this page.

Part #3 also involved pictures outside of the ones I had originally planned to use.  In this case it was because the layout involved big impact from a central image which was just what I wanted for these shots of the boys beautiful blue eyes.
I found some heart stickers this time to scatter along the diagonal as well as a few ink splatters and the whole page feels more complete to me.

The challenge of some double page spreads coming up in parts #4 and #5.

~ Kate ~    

Comments

Julia Dunnit said…
These are just gorgeous Kate! I think the 'off topic' part of extra pics is perfect!!
Lisa-Jane said…
I think a lot of us went with 2 standard pics instead of 1 larger one - I think it looks great! I love that camera paper too. Thank you for your comments on my projects - it means a lot when someone says kind things about my layouts! x
Lisa said…
Your layouts are gorgeous!! The pictures are so sweet!! Love the designs!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Popular Posts