Easter Time

Yes, I am still here!  Currently being slowed by a cracking cough and cold that seems to have turned my head into jelly (a lime green one if you want the details!)

In need of cheering up, I took a 2 pronged approach. 1, I ordered a new Tim Holtz die that I've not seen before and have no idea how I'm going to use and 2, I had a play session with my Distress Inks to make some simple mini Easter cards.
Using a 6x4 index cards, which then fold to make 3x4 minis, they can always be unfolded and put in a standard C6 envelope for posting.  This one uses MME stamps and Wendy Vecchi Watering Can Archival Ink (my go to Archival Ink, grey is the new black!)
I've flicked a little Sunflower Sparkle Perfect Pearls Mist over the surface for a subtle sheen and then coloured the flowers with Distress Markers in brighter colours from the mini set of newer shades.
I also made a panel that was inked all over and then stamped with a Prima fern, an old harlequin stamp and a Glitz cage.  I used the MME stamps again to stamp the thank you arrow.

I'm feeling quite inspired by nature at the moment.  The garden is alive with birds that have so far eluded my camera.  I think there is a wren building a nest in the ivy clinging to a neighbours wall and I've seen blue tits, a robin and a blackbird too.  The camera is on permanent standby in the kitchen in hope of getting that perfect shot at any moment!

~ Kate ~

Comments

Jan said…
Fabulous cards Kate xx Jan

Popular Posts