Travel Planner Set-up Part #1

A dreadful cough has put all thoughts of tidying on the back burner.  The minute a speck of dust heads my way I cough uncontrollably and gasp for breath.  Isn't it always the way when you are in the middle of something?

In the meantime, a video from Mrs Brimbles this morning reminded me I was going to blog about my travel planner set-up for 2016, so here I am.

In previous years I have taken a small (A6 or A5) notebook with me each time I went away for notes and sketches.   This meant quite a build up of little notebooks, many of which were only half full.  Fast forward to 2016 and I already have 7 trips booked in and I'm hoping there will be more.  It made sense to plan some sort of perpetual notebook, but life's not that simple.

My trips are quite varied so I am trying 3 set-ups:

  1. Minimalist
  2. Weekend away
  3. Longer trips (with room for a bigger kit)
Today I'm looking at #1, my minimalist set-up.



This is for when every bit of space and weight counts.  It isn't my ideal set-up, but it's better than nothing.

The Paperchase notebook has some washi taped inside wrapped around pieces of card.  I always stick any tickets, leaflets or receipts in with washi, it's prettier and less messy than glue.

I have a small Zebra Pen and propelling pencil, a sharpie ( I love orange) and my trusty book light.

This may end up being may favourite kit, I will be seeing how I get on with each one.  Kits #2 and #3 to follow, just waiting for some stickers I ordered to finish setting them up.

Kate

Comments

Popular Posts