Items that used to Spark Joy

 What do you do with items that used to be a precious part of your life?

Whilst I have not yet reached the komono category of my decluttering journey, my mind has been distracted by my diverse selection of craft supplies.

In the past I was lucky enough to make hand crafted cards that were featured in magazines and to design jewellery in return for more supplies than I could ever use. 


My circumstances have changed and I no longer spend my time on these activities.  I am still creative.  I make journals about my travels and spend much more of my time on experiences.  

Some of my supplies are used to embellish planners and travellers notebooks, but most are gathering dust.  I haven't been able to part with them because they once sparked joy and were such an important part of my life.  Yet as the years have passed I have had the opportunity to return to those hobbies, but I have chosen not to.  Instead I see the time I once took for my creative endeavours as precious time I wish to spend elsewhere.

What about in the future?  One day I may have more time on my hands and may not have the money or ability to use it for experiences.  Then I may turn to my old hobbies to give me joy and a creative outlet.  

But, the inks and paints I hold in my hands today will probably have all dried up.  The colours of the liquids will have faded (I can see that some already have), and the rubber on the stamps will have dried and perished from lack of use.  My craft supplies won't spark joy for me and in all that time they could have been bringing joy to someone else.

It's time to let them go.

~ Kate ~

Comments

Lily Allen said…
You've made a fabulous job of this lovely PND image.. glad you've joined us as a GDT too!
clipping path

Popular Posts