SOS #7 and DCM

Finished off my busy day yesterday with a late night trying to print off a photo to frame for a present (SOS #6). Had a lie-in this morning to recover. No plans for today apart from my computer friendly nephew-in-law is coming over later to de-bug the pc.

SOS #7 Taken in my mum's garden on Friday - wish I had anything half as nice on show in my garden, and its October. (Yes I have realised this now having dated yesterday's SPS photo as September, lol!).

Nestled among the flowers are some goppingly awful giant ladybirds, the Dinky Diva screamed when she first spotted one and said they were scary. Small-N-Grubby was unfazed and wanted to take photos. He's been asking for a camera for Christmas. I love his photos (doting mum!) he is so unconstrained, doesn't think about focus, composition, lighting (he is only 4) and the results are some really wacky shots. So I think he will now officially be taking part in SOS and here is his first entry - love the composition, I'm going to have to watch out.
SOS SNG #1.
Oh, he has decided against the camera for Christmas. He worked out that if he uses mine he can ask for a Rupert Bear Treehouse playset instead. Love the fact that he wants that sort of thing, not ninja turtles, biker mice or whatever.

DCM this week is a postcard. I'd already had a postcard kind of idea for the little extra (to use a real stamp) so I have combined the 2.
The little postcard symbol is from the Design Runner (which I might of won but haven't said anything about as the mag still hasn't printed it).

I'm going to make a few more pieces of jewellery tonight as I have a coffee morning, of sorts, to go to tomorrow.

Forgot to add that I asked SMO for 7 interesting facts about me and he said....
"hmmm.......you like Disney". Well that was worth waiting for, back to the drawing board on that one - hope you weren't holding your breath waiting Hazel!

** Kate **

Comments

Bobs said…
That's a gorgeous flower head. Hard to believe it was taken in Sept/Oct. I love your son's shot! David Bailey better look out!
Diana said…
Gorgeous flower and that ladybird is spectacular!
sharon said…
Such a good sos..wish I had it in my garden.x
Sue said…
Brilliant flower :) Lighting is excellent.

Wish I had encouraged mine to play around with photography although to be fair they would had used up loads of film as no digi several years ago in this home !!!!!!

How wonderful to be a youngster and have the opportunity that digital cameras present. Fab ladybird photo. Needs to be framed on his bedroom wall or used in a short story in a homemade reading book :)

Sue
Deborah said…
A beautiful flower and I love your sons giant ladybird :-)
Hazel said…
Lovely PC for the DCM dare Lol at your tag facts!! Love the SOS for today.
SmileyCarrie said…
Beautiful flower ... great pics!
Fabulous postcard Kate.
Kathy said…
Lovely photos and a great postcard for the DCM too
Jukie said…
Great postcard and photo! I see you have a budding photographer in your household....he take better pics the OH aged 41 and 10 months!
Anonymous said…
Love your postcard !

Popular Posts