Tuesday, May 12

On Guard!

I've temporarily gone pink and made a quick new header for the blog whilst I think about what I want the redesign to look like.

Today's HS:MS:HS is 'Guard'. This little chap guards the front door.
Not everyone's cup of tea I know, but I luvs him and especially like the way he is twiddling his toes.

Whipped up a quick card for the Daring Card Makers. This week the challenge is to include the word 'mum', so I have got ahead with a birthday card (it's OK she's not on the net to see it!).

I thought I would try out floral punch art.
I love that this is breathing new life into old tools and supplies. Armed with some free papers in this months Cardmaking and Papercraft I didn't have to buy anything new to tackle the project. Took my inspirations from an article by Joanne Gelnar in a back issue of Papercraft Essentials. It's even inspired me to order a leaf punch, which at £2.49 won't break the bank!

** Kate **

12 comments:

Kathy said...

sooo pretty Kate - love the flowers and the swirls

Rein said...

Pretty card, love the flowers.

jo said...

I love hime.

Great card too.

CLARE said...

Very pretty and well done for using existing stash

Coffeedoff said...

Love the guard. He's great!

Photographing Mom said...

What an adorable guard!!

Chris T said...

Very cute guard- great expression on his face!

Liz said...

He's so cute.

I love the flowers on your card.

LOUISE said...

Great card Kate, love your punched flowers. Louise x

Ellepiggo by Vanessa said...

Gorgeous! The flowers are beautiful. :)

Vanessa.

SueH said...

What a great way to use up those free papers Kate…..you’ve done a grand job with the punched flowers and leaves.

Sue
x

Jozza said...

Gorgeous card - the flowers look fantastic! x