BasicGrey Photo Inspiration

There is a challenge currently over at BasicGrey with a photo for inspiration. It's an interior design picture with lots of deep burgundies and stripes.

So I set to work on a card using a piece of Mellow paper which has undertones of the right vibe. I coupled this with some Anna griffin burgundy, but the papers were double sided and I accidentally stuck it down green side up. So this is the not quite right card.
The branch stamp is by My Minds Eye and is one of my craft shop buys this week.

Then I found a chipboard frame that I liked and started again with some more Mellow paper and this is where I ended.
After that it was using up the leftovers to increase the Christmas card supply.
At this rate I will reach the 50+ I need in plenty of time, famous last words!

I needed a new baby card this morning and reached for another of my new stamps.
This one was being unpacked when I was at the shop and I just had to have it. His name is Koetie (don't know how you pronounce it) and I think he and his little friend are just adorable.

I stamped him in VersaMagic Oasis Green for a softer look, but actually the details on the stamp are so fine it doesn't look too heavy in black. I'm just finishing one where I have coloured it in purple and I have plans to make him into a Christmas card and nursery rhyme card too so he is very good value for money.

** Kate **

Comments

Janice said…
I think the one with 25 on it is my favourite. Love the deep colours.

Popular Posts