By The Cute and Girly - September

The 1st of September is here and that means it's time for a new challenge at By The Cute And Girly. The new challenge has been set by Nnalorac! She's picked one to get the old grey matter working, but we all had great fun with it once we got going - 'Indian Summer'. Think Autumn sunshine, and a rainbow of colours. Here are my projects.

First there's a take on the stamped canvases I have made before.
This time with a garden theme. I've stamped the little pot 1st (it's from Patchwork Pals), then scribbled over the canvas with water based pens. Spritz with water and spread out the colour being careful around the pot!
Once dry I've stamped on the foliage with VersaFine ink, using Technique Tuesday and Laura Ashley stamps. I've used a copic liner to fill in any gaps and to add some mini details like the snails and birds.
Lastly the pot and tools were coloured with Distress inks.

Project #2 uses an image from one of this month's sponsors - Whimsy Stamps.
My printer was running out of ink and it gave a lovely soft grey outline to the image which I coloured in with Distress inks. I've broken out the peg stamps for the border and really enjoyed getting acquainted with them again. I've used leaves from a mixture of sets by Card-io and Laura Ashley.
The background paper is an Autumn design from Little Yellow Bicycle. The lovely big felt leaves were sent to me in a card - thank you.

I even managed a 3rd project this month as the theme had given me so many ideas.
I had to have the Indian Tilda stamp.
I've teamed her with some fabulous stamps from an old BasicGrey range called - Indian Summer!
I've used a mixture of papers. The Peacock design is from Magnolia and the others are HOTP and DCWV (as are the rub-on letters). I nearly stopped there but the Bollywood bug kicked in and I added more bling, most of which came from a matchbox swap.
Phew, that's more then enough from me! Check out By The Cute And Girly to see the other designers projects and the fab prizes that are up for grabs for anyone entering their Indian Summer projects.

** Kate **

Comments

debby4000 said…
Gorgeous creations Kate.
luv
Debby
Lisa Jane said…
Fabulous projects .. and you know the canvas is my very favourite
Lisa ;)
great projects !
have a crafty evening,
greetings,
martina
x
brenda said…
Super work Kate, but that canvas has to be my favourite.

B x
Beebeebabs said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beebeebabs said…
Very nice projects you did a nice job tfs!!!
Debbie Dolphin said…
simply gorgeous xxx
love debbie xxxxx

Popular Posts