Dream Box

I'm not overly sure what a 'dream box' is, now a 'dream boat' I could probably figure out but that's not the same thing, I hope! The challenge at Alter It Monthly is 'Shrines, Nichos, Altars and Dream Boxes' and this is my interpretation.
I've created the box by cutting a 4 inch square of card and using the rusted enamel technique (from yesterday's post). Liking to think that I am green, and not having a box to hand, I have used old packing foam to build up the back of the frame and attach my image to the back.
The little owl is an Inkadinkadoo stamp which I've water coloured and added Rocky Candy Distress Stickles to make him look feathery. The leaves have all been punched from K&Co scraps and there are some of my favourite little black butterflies in there too.
Finally, I've added the 'wisdom' text from a Brenda Pinnick pack and the 'follow you heart' from a Girls Paperie pack.

Challenges: (max 3 as stipulated by the alter it team)

Alter It Monthly - Shrines, dream boxes, niches and altars
Sir Stampalot - All creatures great and small
Simon Says - Anything but a card

** Kate **

Comments

Zuzu's Blog said…
thank you for joining us at Alter it monthly Kate and yes it looks like everything is present and correct lol
Love the detailed little leaves ambling around the edge of the frame.
Lisa Jane said…
what a fab box kate - i love it .. the little leaves trailing across are so cute
Lisa ;)
Annie said…
What a cute little box. Love it.
I'f you'd like to pop over to my blog I'm asking for ideas and you might be able to help. Thanks.
A x
debby4000 said…
Your dream box is gorgeous.
luv
Debby
Mephisto said…
Fantastic work.
Thanks for joining in the SimonSaysChallenge this week.

Domi
Katie said…
I like your cut out leaves and that owl is really cute. Excellent dream box!
pinky said…
Kate it is absolutely stunning, love the muted colours and gorgeous leaves. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky
heidy said…
Hi Kate,thanks for your sweet comment!
Your box is gorgeous btw
Hugs Heidy
donna said…
Wonderful little dream box. The owl is very sweet.
Gillian .... said…
This dream box is the perfect little home for this cutie owl, thank you for joining in with us over at Alter It Monthly, hope to see you in the future.
Rhonda said…
Great interpretation of the challenge - love your dream box! Gorgeous rusted enamel background. Cheers!
Sally H said…
Fabulous project - love the owl! Thanks for joining in the animal antics at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!
PinksyDoodles said…
This is a fabulous creation! Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x
Joanna said…
Sweet altered dream box - love those leaves!
Francesca said…
Lovely creation

Thanks for joining us at sir stampalot this month and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca
This is just a darling little piece - I would love it!! I especially like the leaves punched from patterned paper - so effective! And I am right with you about re-using packaging - my OH keeps every box for me to inspect in case I can find a use for it!!Off to check out that rusted enamel technique.
Fiona said…
Love it - what a great owl he is - looks so fat and happy with himself
Anikraft said…
Welcome to Alter it monthly, I really love your little owl in a box, very cute and great detail. Hope you joining in next month too! Anika
Unknown said…
VERY sweet - I adore owls.
Kim Dellow said…
Wonderful! Love the owl and the leaves are fabulous. Kim

Popular Posts