Cherish

Encouraged by Amy Sorenson at the Big Ideas Festival I've been cherishing the little things in life that make it so great and can sometimes slide by unnoticed.

Our caravan holiday this year was the first time our youngest has ever been to the beach, we'd camped before but he'd never seen the sea.  This meant it was a holiday with 100 firsts.  First time at our favourite holiday park, first time in a caravan, first sight of the sea, first paddle and so on.

He featured in the majority of my photos and this is one of the ones I really wanted to cherish.
The first ever ice cream cone on the beach and I hope the first of many.  In the photo he has a towel over his legs to collect the sticky, oozing mess.  He has it running down the back of his hand, over his chin and down his front.  I would have been disappointed if it had turned out any other way!

There are lots of inks here.  To start I sprayed Chalkboard Glimmer Mist in Strawberry Shortcake and Hot Chocolate onto my craft mat and then pressed my page into the mess.  Straight away it looked like ice cream that had melted and been left to dry and I felt I was off to a good start.

I cleaned the mat and then smeared it with Distress Stains in Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo and Picket Fence.  I smeared a piece of card through it and once it had dried repeated again with just the Picket Fence stain.  I cut the cone from this piece of card.  The chocolate ice cream card was made with just the Vintage Photo and Picket Fence stains well mixed.  For the strawberry ice cream colour I sprayed the Strawberry Shortcake Glimmer Mist straight onto a piece of card and dabbed it with a tissue for total coverage.  That just left the flake to be cut from chocolate coloured textured card.
I couldn't assemble my ice cream without covering up some of the printed word and in the end I just covered it entirely with 3 Bugs In A Rug patterned paper and added the 'cherish' in Doodlebug stickers.  The other supplies are Papermania kraft paper and a badge from Paperchase.

** Kate **

Comments

Popular Posts