Tuesday, August 16

Less Is More #28

It's one layer week at Less Is More with an emphasis on ink.  I went for a very simple concept, but my goodness did I get myself in a mess!
I've used a bottle of Tumbled Glass Distress re-inker and it lived up to its name.  You have to be fairly quick to blow the ink around as it sinks in fast.  I was practicing on a bit of spare card and I knocked the whole bottle over onto the floor!  Luckily, it landed on an old scrap of carpet that the dog lies on to insulate her from the cold kitchen tiles.
I was going to stamp partly over the ink, but after several experiments I decided that either the blue ink was too dark or I just hadn't found the right stamp.  The little 'Hello' stamp is from Serendipity.

Challenges:
Less Is More #28 - One layer with ink
Try It On Tuesday - Anything goes

** Kate **

21 comments:

Michelle said...

What a brilliantly simple idea Kate - Love it! Thanks for joining us at TioT this week
x Michelle

Chrissie said...

That splat is quite appealing... and the hello is perfect for it!
I like it as it is!
Thanks so much Kate.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

I think tthis is simply FAB Kate!
Thanks so much
Mandi
Diva LIm
"Less is More"

Jenni's Jems said...

I use this technique with the children in the nursery to make sea weed!- its great fun, and great to see how well it works on cards too! x

Carla said...

brilliant idea

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Beautiful card.

PatR said...

Simple but so effective, love it. Thanks for sharing it with us for the TioT challenge this week. xx

Lisa Jane said...

what a fab splat lol
Lisa x

Diane said...

Cool idea...love the splat!!! Glad you didn't have too big a mess with the spill...sounds like "my" kind of day...lol!

Suze Bain said...

love the colour of the ink - a great inky CAS card! xx

GinaA said...

brilliant card

Robyn Oliver said...

Fantastic, so simple....I'm just loving this challenge.

lin_ka1 said...

Great. The idea I like very much:)

laurie said...

That is so awesome! I love it!

Carol said...

Such a simple concept and a great result, love it. Carol x

Rosemary said...

your ink splat idea is just brilliant! fabby card!

Aileen said...

I really like your ink splat. Fun card. x

Kathyk said...

Simply fabulous and fabulously simple!

Sorry about the carpet - hope your dog will forgive you for the change of colour!

Kathyk

Karen Aicken said...

What a fun take on that challenge! TFS
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

Neil said...

Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday this week!

montanna said...

The style and shape of your sinks creates a big impact on the overall appear of your residence bar.