Melon Pops and a card

Here's the completed scrapbook page I was waiting to photograph.
I've used Kathy's Waffle Sketch for October as the starting point (which is also the Daring Cardmakers challenge this week) and kept my shapes as four sided with rounded corners for the Scrapbook Sisters challenge #6 - Shapes. (Is there a name for a four sided shape with all the corners rounded?)
I can't say that I haven't been influenced by my joining the Pretty Paper Party (it's not a political movement, although wouldn't that be good?), but I can't imagine myself ever looking at scrapbooking in the same way.
Here are the supplies I've used.



There were some left over punched shapes and borders, so I combined these with some kraft card and Bell Blvd stickers to make a mini card for the Less Is More polka dots challenge #38.

** Kate **

Comments

Lisa Jane said…
Two wonderful projects Kate ... love the layout. what a fab pic and the papers are just perfect
Lisa x
mckinkle said…
Hello Kate,

Love your super LO! The colours youve chosen are just perfect!

Super mini card also! Its great to have a two in one craft as it sure is the best way to use up scraps!

Thanks for joining in with us this month using Kathys Waffle Sketch for October!

Would be lovely to see you next month too!

Keryn :)
Leo said…
Really cute projects. Love the colour combo :)

Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers!
xx Leo
Michelle Short said…
I love your LO, love the patterns and colours and those letters are fab! Love your LIM card too, really cute! x
Chrissie said…
Great layout and a super simple LIM card!
Great stuff.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
shire said…
I really like the colours you used!
Inga
Kimberlee said…
Cute layout. I really liked your choice of the Thickers. I used to shy away from alphabets... but with layouts like yours, I'm feeling inspired to try them. :)
Love your layout and what a sweet photo! Sharon x
Mynn xx said…
What a great use of your scraps! :) LOVE your use of kraft paper instead of white!!!
Oscar said…
Cute lo. Thanks for playing along at the Daring Cardmakers this week!
Emily D. said…
Great projects!!! Love them both!!
Kathy said…
Oh Kate - these are fabulous. That LO is just wonderful and a lovely use of the October sketch - thank you so much!
thanks for sharing with The Daring Cardmakers and The Sketch File
Kath said…
Love those, Kate. Gorgeous photo.Is that your daughter? so pretty

Popular Posts