Crafts and Me challenge #61 and Calendar Tutorial

"Simples!"  That's the current challenge at Crafts And Me.  I had some nice comments yesterday with just a glimpse of Tatty Teddy on my workdesk, so I thought I would put him fully in the spotlight today.
I've created a desk calendar using DCWV card and kept my decorations 'simples', as requested, with just a punched heart and a few gems.
I've coloured TT's nose with a Copic marker before glittering it with Stardust Stickles and then just given a little shading on his patches and nose.

The calendar base is simples too in just 4 steps!

1. Cut a piece of card 6 by 10 inches (so you can get 2 from a 12x12 sheet, if you want). 
2. Score across the longer length at 4, 5 and 6 inches (see picture #1).
3. Fold the two outer edges in towards each other along the score lines (valley folds) and then fold the centre score line in the opposite direction (mountain fold) (see picture #2).
4. Use double sided tape to stick the top edges together, I waited until after I had finished the decorations to do this (see picture #3).
I've made this one into a display stand for some of the earrings I'm taking to the Christmas Fair tonight.
** Kate **

Comments

Alison said…
Like your calendars...and great idea for displaying your earrings!
Alison xx
Lisa Jane said…
another cute calendar!
Good luck at the fayre tonight
Lisa x
Geraldine said…
Lovely display, Kate. Hope you sell lots and get plenty orders.
Your calendar is reminding me to make some for Xmas/New Year
Ger x

Popular Posts