Scrapbook Workshop

Still here, taking a break from early spring cleaning for a little crafting and a book review.

When I mentioned that I had received this book for Christmas.....................
Scrapbook Workshop: Favorite Techniques from Favorite Scrapbook Bloggers
..................a couple of crafting friends asked for a review so here goes.

First off, this is not a book about layouts and putting whole pages together.  Instead the fabulous May Flaum has drawn together over 25 crafty bloggers and each has contributed one or two techniques for use on scrapbook pages, 99% of which can be adapted for other types of craft.  Don't panic there are still photos of full page layouts and projects demonstrating each of the techniques too, but the step-by-step is for the technique not the whole page.

The book is laid out by blogger with an introduction to each artist and a blog address to go and find them on line, followed by their inspirational ideas.  There will be some names familiar to many crafters, Julie Fei-Fan Balzar, Dina Wakley and Wendy Vecchi for example.  Other will be less familiar, so there is the possibility of discovering new inspirational artists as well as techniques.

Given the 'ooh' test, as in on the first flick through how many times do you say 'Ooh, I want to try that!' this book scores highly.  There are loads of clear photos and plenty of ideas.

For my crafting playtime I've had a try at Debee Ruiz's layering technique on a quick valentine's tag and here's what I came up with.
I used mostly odd pieces of Pink Paislee Nantucket paper with a bit of a border from a sheet of Amy Tangerine paper thrown in.
This little project is great for using up scraps, but the book also shows how to use the same technique for a scrapbook page.

Overall, it's a definite thumbs up from me from Scrapbook Workshop, I'd certainly recommend this one.

** Kate ** 

Comments

Lisa-Jane said…
Thanks Kate, I shall add it to my list!
Dotty Jo said…
Lovely - might give this a go myself! Jo x
Alison said…
TFS!
Alison xx

Popular Posts