Washi Lesson #1

Washi tape - today's hit item of the crafting world, tomorrow's peel-offs!  Who knows?  But, right now, I'm loving my Washi tape and I am very pleased to have won a place on Studio Calico's Washi Workshop.

My first workshop inspired scrapbook page is finished and I've used the technique of layering tapes to make a frame.
Couldn't be easier really and very quick.  Although I found that some Smash tape I had was sticking to itself rather too well and ripping the layer underneath when I took it off the roll.  I was less than impressed and even more unimpressed when I put it on the page, decided it was too bright and then peeled it all back off again!
Various tapes used from Tim Holtz to Queen & Co and everything in between.
Here's a list in case there's one you see that takes your fancy:
Birds, yellow wood grain and pink flowers in a set by Hambly
Blue and white stripes from Papermash
Cobwebs and labels by Tim Holtz
Blue with white polka dots by Queen and Co
Red with white polka dots from Paperchase
Green with white polka dots by Kath Kidston
Little people by Amy Tangerine
Musical notes from Simon Says Stamp

Other supplies:
White splatters using Studio Calico Mr Huey
Little skull badge from Paperchase
The skeleton hand is an ancient Creative Imaginations rub-on
Letter stickers are Sassafras

** Kate **  

Comments

Alison said…
Love this technique..love washi tape too!
Alison xx
Emily D. said…
This is a great layout!!! I love the washi frame!!! It's fabulous! Can't wait to see more washi goodness!!

Popular Posts