Christmas In July

Whilst I was experimenting with the water stamping (see yesterday's post) I inked a background with the gorgeous Shaded Lilac ink and on a whim I splattered it with water instead of stamping.  Straight away it made me think of a beautiful snowy evening and so I turned the experiment into a Christmas card.
The pine tree is a Serendipity stamp and the words are from a Papermania set.  There was a little too much water in a blob at the top so I punched it out and layered it up with the background card.
I think I will have to play with this colour and Christmas again, perhaps with a masked off moon or spritzing/flicking with a watery pearl colour.

Challenges:
Cards For Men #15 - Christmas In July
Christmas Cards #33 - (optional theme)
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas #82 - Monochrome

** Kate **

Comments

Hazel said…
I love the splattered inky background - it has worked so well on this card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 82 - hope to see you again soon. x
Lisa Jane said…
Beautiful Winter scene .. love the snow flakes
Lisa x
Catie Cuddles said…
What a superb card. Love it.
Thanks for sharing at CHNC 82 monochrome challenge.
Hope to see you again soon.
Catherine xxx
deesdesigns said…
I've never seen this technique before - I'm going to try it now for sure. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Christmas Card Challenges! Dee
Unknown said…
What a super winters scene and a fab card , sorry you are having probs with blogger Hugs Elaine

Popular Posts