Hey Girl!

Simon says Stamp and Show are looking for feminine inspired projects this week and I thought I would make a necklace using a new Vintaj pendant I bought.  The pendant is of a woman reclining on the moon and that reminded me of my magnolia moon stamp and I decided to make a card to go with the necklace.
The images are Sweet moon and Tilda as a star from the Sweet Crazy Love collection.  I've coloured them with Copics and added a little Stardust Stickles for sparkle.  The paper for the background is from Websters Hollywood Vogue 6x6 pad.
There is a star bead and charm to match the necklace tied on with some Lawn Fawn twine and little glittered Studio Calico wooden stars to finish things off.
The necklace centres around the moon charm from Vintaj, which reminded me a little of Kirks Folly.  Vintaj, if you haven't seen it before, is a range of alterable metal pieces for jewellery making, not cheap, but very pretty with an art nouveau feel.
I've sanded some of the black finish off of the moon and polished it to show sliver highlights and then I added a bit of Rock Candy Distress Stickles.  The star beads are from MeiFlower and the star charms are from Cuddly Buddly.  Here's a close-up of the finished necklace.     
Challenges:
Simon Stays Stamp and Show - Hey girl
Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Tilda only
Simon Says - Anything goes
Crafts and Me #94 - Anything goes

I'm sitting here a bit bleary eyed having stayed up late to watch the wonderful opening ceremony of the London Olympics.  Really enjoyed it, Small-n-Grubby just about made it to the end as well but the others fell asleep!

** Kate ** 

Comments

Terry said…
Hey there Kate, thank you for sharing your fabby card with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, fabby coloring too Hugs Terry xxxx
Wishcraft said…
Beautiful card Kate, fab image and colours. I love your necklace too... I don't suppose you make this sort of thing to sell? My nearly 10yr old son says he wants a boy's bracelet type thing, with a shark charm of all things - could you email me if you think you could help?

Thanks hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Popular Posts