Gold Finger

Well actually, for 'Gold Finger' read 'Tarnished Brass Finger!!!'  I've been colouring ribbon with Metallic Distress Stain and dyed the tips of my fingers so I look like I have a 40 a day habit!  It was all in a good cause though as I was finishing off this tag.
I made the tag a while ago with lots of Distress Ink and Dylusions spray, and finished it with a spray of Perfect Pearl Mist to make the colours run.
I was pleased with how it turned out, but then set it aside whilst I thought how I wanted to finish it off.  I decided I needed more foliage dies and chose the Tim Holtz Festive Greenery die as it looked like there were lots of elements to it that I could use separately if I wanted.  It was exactly as I'd hoped.  This week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show is 'Tape It Up' so I decided to cover some pieces of card with Tim's Tissue Tape and a gold striped washi tape and then run them through the die.  The results were taped die cuts ready to assemble and decorate my tag.
The ribbon came at the end ready for Sunday Stampers ribbon themed challenge #223. (Hels is also guesting on the Simon Says Stamp and Show team with a fabby turquoise project which I am looking forward to reading about in her tutorial on the SSSS blog tomorrow).  Back to the ribbon.  Its from American Crafts Elements and, as I was impatient for the Distress Stain to dry, I blasted it with a heat gun which slightly melted it and finished up with an even better effect than I had set out for, which made me very pleased with the end result!

** Kate **

Comments

Hels Sheridan said…
ooh FAB... I haven't got the metallics yet...needs me some... soon! Love your tag, thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x
Clever way to use the tape - great tag!
Brigitte said…
LOVE it!!!!!! The colours are gorgeous and the little accents just perfect! Hugs, brigitte
Rita said…
What a lovely tag Kate. The colours are gorgeous. Hugs Rita xx
Terry said…
Hey there Kate, loving your Tag, fabby stamp that you have used and the colors of the spray's are georgous too, thank you for sharing with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs Terry xxxx

Popular Posts