March Sketch



There's a new sketch up on the Kathy's Waffle Sketch File today to inspire some March makes.

The scrapbook page I've made is one of those ones that didn't turn out anything like the original idea in my head.  I was thinking of something quite minimal, but out came all the embellishments and this is what I created.

The page started with a pale grey base which has a 11x11 square of Dear Lizzy Neapolitan polka dot paper matted on top; the 'SMILE' word is from the same paper pad.  The bottom of the page has been liberally sloshed (that's the technical term for it, I think!) with Distress Stain and Dylusions spray.

For the cut out decorations I've used some Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm arrows and the film strip paper is BoBunny Mama-Razzi2.
I mentioned on Wednesday that I'd been happily creating journalling cards but not actually using them, so this was a good opportunity to use one with the camera Glitz Roller Doodle on it.

The big Thickers used for the title are from Amy Tangerine and there are some of her Ready Set Go stickers scattered around the page too.

The sun is out here and I'm making the most of it as we are told it won't last until the end of the week.  I don't know if  I can get away with blaming the weather, but I've been shopping for some bright new supplies from Simple Stories and Authentique.  Also took delivery today of a new Gorjuss stamp set which has been distributed through Do Crafts.
Urban Stamp (6pcs) - Gorjuss - I Found My Family In A Book

It's beautifully packaged and quite irresistible!!!

**  Kate **

Comments

Popular Posts