Art Journal/Techniques book

I am trying to get into the habit of having my art journal on hand when I try out a technique or to mop up excess ink as the start of a new background.  I think it isn't so much an art journal as a techniques book and will be a great record of what I've tried and what I like.

For Tuesdays Waffle Sketch card I wanted to use a mottled Distress Paint background and then drip Chalkboard Mist down the dried paint.  It worked far better in the technique book as I'd already cut the card inserts down to size and that didn't leave much room for dripping.
When I opened up the art pad to make the page this stamped Christy Thomlinson image fell out.  I remember stamping and colouring it with Distress Markers for a project and then changing my mind, I must have popped it in the book and forgotten it.  On the page it went, I love the butterfly in her hair.

There's a lot more I could do to the page to make it a complete journal page, but I wanted the background to show and remind me of the technique, so I finished off with one of my favourite Tim Holtz stamps.

Ronda Palazzari  has a creative link up on her blog for anyone who's been creative this week, so I've linked up there.

~ Kate ~

Comments

Lisa-Jane said…
I've been advised to try art journalling (might have said that before) and I'm intrigued by the Christy Tomlinson girls. Is it a stamp? I know I would get all the proportions wrong but I think a little girl on my page is exactly what I need.

Popular Posts