Kathy's Waffle Sketch - June

I'm catching up with myself coming back the other way at the moment as life takes a new twist and employment, non-craft related, is on the horizon.

Yesterday was the first Tuesday of the month which means a new sketch at Kathy's Waffle Sketch File.  This time its a cute one with 3 tumbling squares encircled by dotty dots.  Lots of potential there, but I couldn't resist a scrapbook page.
I've used a few of the current trends here.  There's splatters of  neon yellow, but instead of getting an expensive spray, I just made a wash of 99p neon acrylic and splattered it on - as demonstrated by Melissa Stinson here.  Then there are the gold accent stars.  Ever since that vellum with the big gold polka dots appeared at Dear Lizzy, bright gold accents have started to creep in.  My stars are from an Accessorize puffy sticker pack.
The rest of the puffy stickers are from Amy Tangerine as are the patterned papers.  I meant to distress the edge of the white card, but it was only as I looked at the photo published on the challenge blog that I remembered I hadn't done it.
The page is about a charity fundraiser that the cricket club were allowed to hold in the window of a Marks and Spencer store one Saturday.  The Smash date stamp with 'This warrants a fist pump!' on it seemed like it was made for the page.
The boys did good!

Edited to add: Not only did I forget to distress the edges but I seem to have forgotten the title too!!!
~ Kate ~

Comments

Popular Posts