Glitter Girl Adventure #83 - Again!

I'm back with the second part of my attempts with highly patterned paper following Glitter Girl's advice in adventure #83.  This time I thought it would be a good idea to replace the patterned paper blocks in the centre of the template with a wash of paint.  The bold pattern was toned down with gesso but still allowed to show through.
The making of the page turned into a story in itself.  I originally chose the Globe Trotter paper from Amy Tangerine because the puppets have a look of the far east about them and so it was a good way to use travel papers, I don't travel much.  I realised I hadn't kept much information about the display and went to research it on the internet.  My discoveries were that the beautiful golden elephant theatre was a fixture in the Victoria and Albert museum not connected with the puppets, which were in fact a display commemorating 50 years of the Little Angel Theatre in London and probably didn't originate in the far east at all.
All the extra information was used to enhance my journalling on the page.  The additional papers used are Lunch Break and Lounge Fest from the same Ready Set Go collection.  I used a green card from the cut apart sheet, True Story, as part of my background papers by cutting it in half and placing it behind the photos to look like one continuous piece - a great idea for incorporating 3x4 cards into layouts.
Glitter Girl (or perhaps it was Shimelle, I can't remember) has been using tone on tone letters on her layouts lately and I tried out the idea with the LDN letters.

I'm really happy with how this page turned out and I think I prefer it to yesterday's, but that might be because I got much more involved with looking into the background information.

~ Kate ~    

Comments

Lisa-Jane said…
I love what you've done with this design! I'm really liking the tone on tone stuff too.

Popular Posts